It’s Peanut Butter, Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter is My Friend. When I am not in the mood to cook, I reach into my pantry for my mega large jar of Peanut Butter, find some jelly, usually grape, and I make myself a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich. I grab an ice cold glass of milk and lunch or dinner is served. Tonight in order satisfy my hankering for a PB & J Sandwich, I made PB & J cookies instead! They were just what I needed.
- By law, peanut butter must be at least 90% ‘real’ peanuts.
- The first recorded history of a peanut paste comes from the Peruvian, Aztec, and Inca Indians and African tribes hundreds of years ago.
- January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day in the United States.
- Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwiches were Elvis’ favorite. (Thank You, Thank You Very Much, in my best Elvis voice.)
- The United States is a leading exporter of peanut butter and itself consumes $800 million of peanut butter annually.
Jam Or Jelly?
- Jelly is considered a fruit condiment. Fruit is prepped, cooked, strained so that only the juice finds its way to Jelly land.
- Jam, on the other hand, is a chunkier relative of jelly with nice chunks and pieces of fruit throughout.